Michael Keaton made a remarkable comeback at the age of 63 when he starred in the film, "Birdman," which was met with critical acclaim as a film but more so for Keaton as the star. Keaton plays the lead in the film to perfection. That character, a washed up super hero star, is eerily similar to Keaton and his post "Batman" career. If you remember, Keaton played Bruce Wayne slash "Batman" in the 1989 installment from Tim Burton and again donned the rubber suit for "Batman Returns" a few years later. Keaton passed on a third "Batman" and instead went on to star in a handful of forgettable films, and he eventually disappeared basically from the Hollywood spotlight. Keaton returned to form in "Birdman" and Oscar buzz for him was much deserved. Finally, Keaton was taking center stage and being lauded for his talent as an actor. Unfortunately this past Sunday at the Oscars, Keaton failed to capture the Oscar for Best Actor, and his would be acceptance speech was caught on tape. Keaton is seen pulling out his speech as the winner was being announced, only to put the paper back in his suit jacket after his name wasn't called. Those who posted and reported on the video noted that Keaton was visibly upset and dejected after the misstep on his part. Naturally, Keaton was disappointed after so many assumed he was the logical choice as the winner. The idea that the video is being posted and visually prodded online is laughable and hardly would qualify as news. Keaton didn't make news by stuffing a speech back into his pocket after not winning an award. That undoubtedly happens on every award show, but this time someone happened to catch it on video. Keep Reading
- No Bull: Bullying exists, but it's how you handle it that determines outcome
- David and Goliath: Ortiz and Rodriguez find different post PED paths
- Smart Phones, Dumb Kids: Technology takes the simple skills away from our children
Education and Financial
Money matters: How smart spenders save money
So you consider yourself someone who is good with money, right? full story
- Building Up Credit: There's Nothing Wrong With Using Credit Card -- For The Right Reasons.
- Online Stock Trading No Longer Just For Seasoned Money Pros
- Money Matters: College Doesn't Have To Be A Financial Drain
Clothes encounter: Men might want to think twice about buying clothes for women
When it comes to shopping, more specifically buying gifts, guys really aren't keen on the element of surprise, particularly as it relates to buying something for that significant other and having to essentially guess what they may or may not like. full story
- High Praise: High-waisted, Hip-hugging Shorts Ready To Take Center Stage … Again.
- Simpson And Spears Square Off In A Different Arena: Women's Fragrances
- Kick It Up A Notch: Footwear Flaunts Fall Appeal That Is Hardly The Norm