It's time for College Football "Bowl Season"! 38 games will played between now and January 4th, and this weekend kicks it all off. New Orleans Bowl Nevada vs Louisiana Lafayette Dec. 20th @11am At 8 and 4, Lousiana Lafayette finished second in the Sun Belt Conference, but technically were the conference champions since Georgia Southern is in a transition year and not eligible for the post season this year. Nevada comes in at 7 and 5, and finished third in the West Division of the Mountain West Conference. Of Nevada's five losses, four of them came by 7 points or less. The Rajin' Cajuns went 7 and 1 against the Sun Belt, but were 1 and 3 against non-conference foes, and their only win was over FCS Southern. Both of these teams strong rushing teams, as ULL averages 228 yards per game, while Nevada averages 215 yards per contest. When it comes to points, these teams are pretty even as well. The Rajin' Cajuns average 30.6 points per game and give up an average of 27.9 points against. The Wolf Pack average 31.3 points per game and give up an average of 28.2 points against. Nevada is led by quarterback Cody Fajardo, who was responsible for 3,371 total yards in offense and 31 touchdowns this season. Fajardo led the Wolf Pack with 997 yards rushing as well. ULL is led by their QB, Terrance Broadway, who put up 2,719 yards in total offense. The Rajin' Cajuns are looking to win their fourth consecutive New Orleans Bowl. If they win, ULL would be the first school ever to win the same bowl game four years in a row. Nevada has lost 6 of their past 7 bowl games, and are back in the post season for the first time since 2012. These schools have played only one other time, a 38 to 14 Nevada win back in 1995. New Mexico Bowl Keep Reading
- No Bull: Bullying exists, but it's how you handle it that determines outcome
- David and Goliath: Ortiz and Rodriguez find different post PED paths
- Smart Phones, Dumb Kids: Technology takes the simple skills away from our children
Education and Financial
Sloppy shopping: Why holiday breeds bad decision as it relates to buying
Let's face it, the holidays are, in a word, "hectic." full story
- Building Up Credit: There's Nothing Wrong With Using Credit Card -- For The Right Reasons.
- Online Stock Trading No Longer Just For Seasoned Money Pros
- Money Matters: College Doesn't Have To Be A Financial Drain
Downward dogged: How to rock Yoga pants, even if you don't practice the art form
The popularity of Yoga certainly is up for debate. Some argue that Yoga isn't intense enough. Other says the relaxation and stretching components within the art form is just what they need to get fit and feel better. full story
- High Praise: High-waisted, Hip-hugging Shorts Ready To Take Center Stage … Again.
- Simpson And Spears Square Off In A Different Arena: Women's Fragrances
- Kick It Up A Notch: Footwear Flaunts Fall Appeal That Is Hardly The Norm