You remember the Where's Waldo books, right? Well in the New York Giants camp right now, the question is, where is Jason Pierre Paul? JPP as he's known around the NFL, sustained a hand injury due to an accident involving fireworks on July 4th. He has yet to report to camp. And Giants officials seem to have no idea if or when he will be reporting to the team. Nobody seems to know how seriously he was injured. Some reports say he had a finger blown off. Nobody seems to know what his condition is now and if he's able to play. So what is going on here? Well here's the story. First of all, the fireworks injury though isn't the reason JPP isn't in camp though. He had skipped all of the teams workouts prior to that. That's because he was unhappy the Giants used the franchise player tag on him. He was given the franchise tag back in March, but he has yet to sign the offer. So therefore, Pierre-Paul technically doesn't have a contract. And luckily for him he didn't sign the contract before his injury. Because had he been under contract, the Giants could've put him on the non football injury list. And had that occurred, JPP would have been unable to play for the first six weeks of the season. Under his franchise tag, Pierre-Paul is scheduled to make $14.8 million dollars. If JPP was unable to play due to his injury and had signed the contract, the Giants could put him on the non football injury list. And with that, JPP's pay would be cut over those first six weeks of the season. Financially it's a smart move for Pierre-Paul. If or when his injuries are healed JPP will arrive at Giants camp at that time. And as long as he's close to being in playing shape he'll be able to start the season on the field with his full pay. Reports have said Pierre-Paul's injury is healing well and that he's working to make sure he is in shape to play and to be ready for the season opener. But because of his gone missing approach through all of this, members of the Giants medical staff have been unable to exam him and have yet to see his medical records as well. And head coach Tom Coughlin obviously hasn't spoken to Pierre-Paul either, because he has said he doesn't know when JPP is planning to show up. Keep Reading
- No Bull: Bullying exists, but it's how you handle it that determines outcome
- David and Goliath: Ortiz and Rodriguez find different post PED paths
- Smart Phones, Dumb Kids: Technology takes the simple skills away from our children
Education and Financial
Golden farces: Is McDonald's new self serve kiosk really going to protect cashiers?
McDonald's business isn't all happy meals these days. full story
- Building Up Credit: There's Nothing Wrong With Using Credit Card -- For The Right Reasons.
- Online Stock Trading No Longer Just For Seasoned Money Pros
- Money Matters: College Doesn't Have To Be A Financial Drain
Penney for your thoughts: What was JCPenny thinking by sending home employee?
Retailers certainly aren't without their controversy when it comes to the clothes they offer customers and just how revealing the shorts, pants, shirts and other accessories can be. full story
- High Praise: High-waisted, Hip-hugging Shorts Ready To Take Center Stage...Again.
- Simpson And Spears Square Off In A Different Arena: Women's Fragrances
- Kick It Up A Notch: Footwear Flaunts Fall Appeal That Is Hardly The Norm