Sports is a funny business. Franchises spend millions on not only the players on the active roster but to ensure that they're developing talent on a smaller scale, such as the minor leagues, or are equipped to make the most prudent and potent decisions when it comes to the draft and bringing in rookies that hopefully will transform into long term staples with their teams.. Despite all the work that goes into this process year after year, one event can conceivably throw the proverbial wrench into all that hard work. It's called the trading deadline. No where is this more apparent than in Major League Baseball. The trading deadline comes and goes each year, and teams that are division leaders and within a few games of the wild card are referred to as sellers, while the ones that are cellar dwellers find themselves as, you guessed it, sellers. Keep Reading
- No Bull: Bullying exists, but it's how you handle it that determines outcome
- David and Goliath: Ortiz and Rodriguez find different post PED paths
- Smart Phones, Dumb Kids: Technology takes the simple skills away from our children
Education and Financial
Card declined: Credit cards aren't ruining your finances; you are
One after another, thousands upon thousands of dollars, your credit card debt is mounting to the point that you don't see a foreseeable end in sight. full story
- Building Up Credit: There's Nothing Wrong With Using Credit Card -- For The Right Reasons.
- Online Stock Trading No Longer Just For Seasoned Money Pros
- Money Matters: College Doesn't Have To Be A Financial Drain
Flat toppers: Summer shoes are about comfort but not in lieu of style
Summer often is quite the perplexing season when it comes to shoes, sandals and footwear. As much as you'd like to believe that every day will be nothing but sandals and shorts and never a need for anything more than that as you walk the beach and slowly but surely wait for Labor Day to arrive. full story
- High Praise: High-waisted, Hip-hugging Shorts Ready To Take Center Stage … Again.
- Simpson And Spears Square Off In A Different Arena: Women's Fragrances
- Kick It Up A Notch: Footwear Flaunts Fall Appeal That Is Hardly The Norm